I APPROACH INFORMATION AND TECHNOLOGY FROM A BUSINESS MANAGEMENT AND OPERATIONS PERSPECTIVE. FINDING OR BUILDING TOOLS – HARDWARE, SOFTWARE, PEOPLE, AND PROCESSES – TO SOLVE BUSINESS PROBLEMS OR EXPLOIT BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES.
INTEGRATING PEOPLE AND TECHNOLOGY. TURNING VISION INTO REALITY.
STARTUP & CxO MENTOR
EXPERT PROGRAM, PRODUCT, PROJECT MANAGER
ORGANIZATIONAL CHANGE MANAGER
BUSINESS INTELLIGENCE / SQL DEVELOPER
PILOT. FATHER. SAILOR. DOG LOVER.
With over 30 years of experience in all phases of business operations, I am able to offer clients a time tested, real-world, proven methodology for addressing every type of business challenge.
From inception to business plan development; operations planning; technology initiatives, system selection, contract negotiation, implementation, post-go-live support/custom development; and human resources, training, and leadership development.
I am a licensed stockbroker (NASD Series 3, 7, & 63), a multiple business owner familiar with all aspects of small business development, and a former member of both the Technology Business Alliance of Nevada (TBAN) and Nevada Development Authority.
Innovative, meticulous, and forward-thinking business strategist and change leader. Driver and champion of transformational programs that provide new capabilities to the business by integrating enabling technologies with appropriate operating methodologies. Focused on gaining owner/investor/stakeholder buy-in and executive sponsorship; building internal support at all levels; fostering and managing internal and external partnerships with multiple vendors & service providers, and leading cross-functional project teams. Exceptional communicator with problem resolution and client needs assessment aptitude.
- Executive-level participation in over 325 major technology implementations, migrations, and upgrades; including 15 major resort/casino venue openings.
- Consulting with investors, C-Level executives, and sovereign tribal entities across North America, South America, and Asia in all aspects of Organizational Change Management (OCM).
- Agile / Scrum Project Manager working closely with internal IT departments, outside service providers, software & hardware vendors and regulators in dozens of legal jurisdictions worldwide.
- Technology selection, contract negotiation, implementation, and post-go-live support/custom development.
- Systems integration specialist focusing on people, processes, software, hardware & data to achieve organizational goals.
- Policy & Procedure documentation and change management at the operational level.
- Utilizing proven methodologies for every type of technology initiative to consistently deliver projects on time and on budget.
- Crafted OCM and technical strategy for the creation and implementation of a Cognos BI suite in Oracle hosted on HP servers at Honeywell Aerospace Electronics.
- Data collection from 6 transactional systems on 4 different server/OS platforms at 5 separate physical locations.
- Coordinated front line, middle & upper management, and technical teams from 8 different businesses to complete the project ahead of schedule and 12% under budget.
- Directed a team of 10 technical professionals on a two-year contract for MPower Communications, a local phone company.
- Developed an automated process to import mainframe (Cobol) customer billing, sales commissions, and CLEC charge data into an Oracle and MS SQL reporting environment for validation and dispute resolution.
- Saved the client over $2MM annually from disputed charges and incorrect billing.
- Data sets to 3 terabytes, in a legally mandated high availability environment.
- Directed over 125 data conversions for Acres Gaming, Inc.’s Advantage™ system installations and upgrades.
- Documented the technical and business processes and mentored client direct employees in the establishment of PMO methodologies and artifacts for project management.
- Pioneered use of MS SQL in the migration of gaming data, including SSIS, SSRS, Stored Procedures and Triggers.
- Data sets in excess of 100 gigabytes.
- Personally performed over 75 conversions.
- Developed effective, repeatable project plans and methodologies for dealing with data migration in a highly regulated 24/7/365 business environment.
- Established Project Management Office (PMO), defined and implemented improved project management methodologies for delivering superior customer service with Konami Gaming, a multi-national software provider.
- Initiated next-generation customer issue tracking system for all customers in North America.
- Identified training needs and developed cross-functional peer to peer training within the System Services Division.
- Collaborated with System Sales Department to provide technical support in the sales process.
- Resolved over 60% of all open customer issues and complaints within 30 days of taking charge.
- Product Manager for the first MS Windows, MS SQL Server based Casino Management System.
- Responsible for functional design, QA testing, Gaming Compliance submission (all US jurisdictions).
- Beta Test installation, documentation of installation process and establishment of PMO standards.
- Assisted with evaluation and recommendations regarding purchased software packages, hardware platforms, and support services.
- Coordination of communications flow between technical teams and business end-users.
- Architectural planning for integration & interfaces with other vendors’ systems.
MS Project ▪ HP Project & Portfolio Management (PPM) ▪ Jira▪Agile / Scrum / Waterfall Methodologies
MS Office Suite ▪ MS SQL database administration, SSIS, SSRS, and Transact SQL ▪ Crystal Reports ▪ MySQL
- IGT ADVANTAGE (formerly Acres) – all modules and data structures
- Aristocrat OASIS (formerly CDS) – all modules and data structures
- Bally SDS, CMS, & ACSC
- Konami Gaming System SYNKROS
- MS SQL – BI, EDW, DBA
- Custom Report Solutions (SSRS, Crystal Reports, .Net)
- Data Conversion (SSIS, TSQL, Custom T-SQL Queries for ETL
- Program, Product, and Project Management – Agile & Waterfall
- Data Warehouse Design (Kimball Methodology, Cognos, MS SQL)
- MS Office Suite + SharePoint
S.C. Roberts & Associates, Inc., Las Vegas, NV August 2004 to Present
President / Owner
A Nevada Corporation (S-Corp) specializing in Project Management, Data Conversion/Migration, Business Intelligence, Application & Web Design, and Distributed Services for businesses throughout North America.
Konami Gaming, INC., Las Vegas, NV December 2005 to March 2006
Director, System Services
Directed the activities of all installation and support personnel of the Gaming Systems Division in the development of implementation methodologies, documentation, end-user training, and MS Project timelines. (Direct hire due to internal policy).
Initiatek, Inc., Las Vegas, NV October 2001 to August 2004
Director of Operations, Western Region
Individually responsible for sales and marketing, contracts, invoicing, hiring, scheduling for the Western U.S. (West of Kansas City, North of Dallas) and all Gaming/Resort clients. 30 direct and contract employees; $1.3MM annual revenue.
Casino Data Systems, Las Vegas, NV March 1998 – October 2001
Director, Technical Services
Led a team of highly skilled technical employees who were responsible for second-tier support of all system modules.
Product Manager, MS Windows / SQL Server Applications
Product Manager for the first MS Windows / SQL Server based Casino Management System (OASIS™).
Education and Professional Development
Project Management Institute (PMI), Certified Project Management Professional (PMP) #1878356
College of Southern Nevada, Las Vegas, NV Associate of Arts, Business Management – Organizational Behavior Pennsylvania State University, University Park, PA – General Engineering Studies